Classic Boulettes (meat balls)
Would you like to pleasantly surprise your loved ones with a tasty and nutritious lunch? Then serve them these classic boulettes, delicious meat balls that even tiny tots appreciate!
- 800 g mixed minced meat (pork and beef)
- 1 onion
- 300 g bread without crust
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- Fresh green herbs to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp dried (or fresh) garlic
- 50 g of butter
Classic boulettes are best prepared from mixed minced meat (50/50). You can buy the minced meat ready-made or prepare it in your kitchen with the help of a meat grinder or a food processor.
For beginners we have a few little tips to avoid typical pitfalls:
1) Moisten your hands and plates so the meat balls do not stick to them.
2) Before frying, the meat balls can be rolled in flour or bread crumbs.
3) To prevent the meat balls from sticking to the pan and falling apart when turning, it is important to heat the oil well before placing the boulettes into the pan.
4) After frying over high flame, you can add some water to the pan. Then the meat balls are steamed.
5) Do not forget to turn the meat balls to fry them evenly on all the sides!
Buckwheat or mashed potatoes are perfect as a side dish. Enjoy!